Where Have You Been?

Here's two odd experiences I had this week,  For years Dad and I rarely miss attending church in our ward.  Since Dad has been released as bishop, we teach Seminary and neither of us has a Sunday calling, so we've been more likely to visit family from time to time.  We traveled to Utah in November for Grandpa Sweet's 80th Birthday Celebration, and we've been gone the past two weeks spending Christmas with Amy and Trevor in Provo and New Years with Grandma and Grandpa Boe in Oregon. 

So here's my first story; On Saturday Dad and I went on our date to the Temple, halfway there I realized I didn't have my recommend, we decided not to turn back but to proceed forward, hoping I could still serve.  As we walked into the foyer of the Temple I spotted a Temple worker from our ward.   I knew she couldn't vouch for me but I was happy to see her and still hoped she could validate me.   I called to her and said "Hi"  and she responded, "I haven't seen you for a long time, where have you been?" .... Oh dear, that didn't go as I had planned!

And so again the next day In Relief Society,  I was asked to give the closing prayer.   I noticed our RS President wasn't sitting up front, only her first and second councilors and our activity leader.   So in offering the closing prayer I especially remembered to pray for our Relief Society president where ever she was and for her family.  After we dismissed, one of the sisters sitting up front mentioned to me that we have a new RS presidency!  What?  They were all up front I just hadn't gotten the memo!  So I said, "You shouldn't call inactive people to say the prayer".  Haha, we hardly miss meetings in our ward but when we do big things happen!

THE MONTH IN PICTURES

Uncle Frank and Amber got engaged!





Savannah cut her hair!



HIGHLIGHTS OF THE MONTH

* Savannah cut her hair and scores BIG on the ASVAB!
Landon winter camped and snow boarded with co-    workers in the Angeles Mountains
* Sam Cvijanovich leaves for his mission in 14 day's
* Dad trains in Fly Fishing with a Master Teacher
* Dexter hurt his leg jumping off the hot tub.  (He lay's on it because it's warm)
* We've been feeding Lovey next door while our neighbors are gone
* El Nino rain brought us another flood in our back room. Good thing we hadn't replaced anything yet from the last flood with the water heater.  

In Preparing for Seminary this week one of my Goals is to provide music from the LDS Youth Website for our prelude music.  This is one of my favorite.


Someone He Can Count On
by Baily Lawson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUQKx5E6vxk

We love you all,
Mom and Dad 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2014

Amy and Trevor's for Easter